I haven't been blogging much because the past two or so weeks have been pretty rough on me. I've been working extra, which makes me tired and grumpy. I didn't think I'd miss being at home having no obligations but I most certainly do. Besides being tired and grumpy, this job has given me some serious anxiety. Its a pretty stressful environment and you can't really make mistakes, so that has been a little difficult on me. I'm constantly worried I'm doing something wrong or getting in the way. Plus, I miss having time to go do stuff with Derek. It seems like every time he has free time, I have to work. I miss just deciding and doing and not having to plan or worry about getting called in. It isn't all bad though. Its nice to interact with people outside the house and the money is certainly very welcome.
On top of the job adjustment, I've been in the process of applying to graduate school. I had some serious issues with a recommendation, which delayed my application by well over a month. I still haven't received it, but I found another person to write a recommendation, though it might not be as strong as the one I was hoping for originally. For a while there I didn't think I'd even be able to submit my application because I couldn't find a second recommendation. I'm so thankful for the person who finally agreed to write one for me, even if it isn't the best, because it is at least giving me a chance. If I couldn't get 2 recommendations my application wouldn't have been reviewed at all, since it wouldn't have met the minimum requirements. Now, no matter what happens, at least I got a chance to submit a complete application and try to get accepted. I have a feeling I won't get in since my application is so late and I don't necessarily have the best recommendations now, but I couldn't have lived with not trying. We will see how it goes.
Derek has "spring break" this weekend. He only gets this Friday and next Monday off, which is so bizarre. Most schools do a full week but I should have known to expect less since this is a silly military type school and the military never does things the normal way. Hopefully we'll be able to go to a show or do something on Monday to celebrate. Its been rainy and cold up here but by Thursday we are suppose to have weather in the 70's, which is definitely something to look forward to.
Oh! And my little brother got into GHP. He'll be gone all summer and we won't get to see him at all, but I know he will have the best summer ever. Its such an awesome thing for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment