Thursday, April 30, 2009

We made it to New York (sort of)

We're in a hotel room in New Jersey, about 30 minutes away from Derek's school until tomorrow. We are meeting the guy at the apartment at noon to get the keys and start unloading. Blah. We can't wait until that part is over and this truck is GONE!

The whole trip has been kind of crazy. We got the truck at 9 AM in AL, left GA at 10 PM  that night, got to NC at 3 AM, got up the next day and left NC at 11 AM. When all was said and done we got to our hotel room at around 2 AM this morning. Poor Derek had to get up and be at the school by 8 AM. He got up at 6:30 since we didn't know about traffic and all that. He is napping now and I know he must be exhausted. He ended up doing all the driving and I'm so thankful I didn't have to try and maneuver that truck.

Oh! His meeting this morning was canceled, after he got there of course, so now he has to go back tomorrow at 9 AM to do it. Which means us leaving early was a total waste. Oh well. Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow we'll be in our new house and done with moving.

I didn't see much of the area, but it seems ok. I'll have to update more on all that later when we get settled in and have Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment