We had planned on doing a whole weekend in NYC but the budget didn't allow, so instead we did a day trip, and that was really more than enough. Well, maybe not, but it was ok. We woke up early, drove to the Bronx, parked, and grabbed our old express bus.
Passed out on the way there
Waiting on the bus and then riding it…she insisted on her own seat halfway through the ride.
First stop was FAO Schwartz. We had to buy a crazy expensive blanket because I under dressed her…again. I even got yelled at that night by the Halal guy because she was freezing, according to him. We thought she would be so into everything now that use is older, but I think she was just over whelmed. She had fun though.
I couldn't resist comparing these to the last time we were there in July 2012
*tear*
She loved that platform for some reason
Quick stop in Grand Central
Passed out in the middle of the day, while Mommy enjoyed walking around her last Christmas market. I guess I didn't take too many more pictures, though I could have sworn I did. We went to an insanely crowded Katz's Deli for lunch, stopped by 30 Rock and picked up some of our favorite macaroons, Madeline and Derek hung out in the Lego store for a long time, we went to the American Girl store (where Madeline thought she was in heaven…that was the reaction I was looking for in the toy store, but we got it here instead), and got halal cart for dinner. I don't know if my crowd tolerance has changed or if it was just a busy weekend, but it was insane everywhere. It was the week before thanksgiving though, so I guess it was a time we usually avoided tourist places.
It did snow on the way home, which was exciting! Looking at these makes me excited to take her back again one day. I'm so happy she was born in such a fun place to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment