Sunday, December 8, 2013

Moving updates

I really meant to blog a lot more during this whole move situation, but for some reason I just haven't been able to bring myself to sit down and document it. I'm sure I will get it all down in pictures once we are settled but I thought I'd write a few quick notes so I don't forget them.

The packers came on a Friday and Madeline was with my mom all day. When she got back to the house she was not impressed. She said she was stressed because all her stuff was in boxes. When they packed her play kitchen on Monday she yelled for them to stop over and over. Poor baby just couldn't grasp what was going on. Thankfully she was a trooper and I'm sure having Granny Lynn there really helped. I know it was a life saver for me. Now she talks about her stuff being in boxes in Hawaii and asks to go back to her house. She has even asked for her crib.

We went to Ethan's to trick or treat and while the trick or treating itself was kind of a bust, Madeline got a huge kick out of dressing up and playing with Ethan.

On her first flight she slept through take off and didn't even comprehend we were flying until we were landing. She was so excited to see Derek.

Connecticut and the small hotel was difficult and she manipulated the heck out of us. But once again, she was a trooper. We seriously got lucky with this kid. Her staph infection did flare back up which is frustrating.

She loved Hanukah and keeps asking to light candles and open presents. So funny.

Ugh. I can't remember half the stuff I wanted to write down. She has said so many funny things. Oh! Like this - now when I say don't make me count, she responds with "don't make ME count" She has t sleep with her flashlight, baby doll, blanket, pillow, books and every toy she owns. She has specific and exact ideas about what she wants and won't settle for anything else. She is obsessed with princesses and all things girly. In NYC she kept asking for a hotdog (her new favorite food) every time we passed a food cart. None of those things are what I wanted to remember. I need to start writing this stuff down when it happens. When will I ever learn?

Said goodbye to my grandparents tonight and it was kind of heartbreaking. Madeline kept asking them not to leave. I hate that we are dragging her away from her family but I keep reminding myself that it isn't permanent .

No comments:

Post a Comment