Some things she has done/said recently....
---Whenever Madeline asks for something without saying please, I always ask her, "what do you say?" until she responds with please. I asked her to put something away and she looked at me and went, "whatcha say?" With such an attitude. She definitely put me in my place.
---- I was relieved of 99% of my mommy duties for a day while I was in Newnan. I didn't have to wake up to the baby, put her down for a nap, feed her, change her, and I only nursed her once. It was the first time in 23 long months that I was away from her for more than 2 or 3 hours. The whole time we were in GA, other people were helping take care of Madeline and it was the best vacation ever. I wish it had lasted longer. When she saw her again that night, she didn't even care that I was gone or that I had come back.
---she laughs and talks in her sleep, just like her daddy.
---she is best friends with everyone and everything, at least according to her. Nothing is sweeter than when she looks at you and says, "best fwiends?"
---she is really good at saying war eagle now...yay!
---she has a baby named Annie, but when she says it the name sounds like "nanny"
---she drinks out of a big girl cup at home and when she requests one, it sounds like "pickle cup"
---she could be the most polite toddler ever...she says excuse me, thank you, no thank you, please (sometimes), and bless you
---went on her first trip to six flags and loved the rides but hated the characters.
---she started asking Derek to stay and not go to work
---she repeats everything you say.
--- she constantly asks, "where we goin'", "whatcha doing", "what's that noise?", and "what's this?"
---she thinks Mickey and Minnie Mouse are the same person and refuses to believe they are different.
---potty training is really up and down. She lies about the state of her diaper on a regular basis. When she does poop in it, she tells us she didn't, and when she tells us she pooped, she usually hasn't. She also poops and pees in the ground (often right in front of the potty) and then tells me she did it.
---she loves Elmo (but not Sesame Street),Mickey, Jake and the Neverland pirates, Caillou, Little Bill, Dora, Bubble Guppies, and Daniel Tigers Neighborhood. She probably watches too much TV...
---she can do patterns, count to 10 and is amazing at sorting shapes. She will plah a curious George shape sorting game on the ipad for hours and she is so good at it. She can match colors but doesn't seem to know the name of them.
---she loves to dance and sing.
---she loves playing "blocks" (mega block Legos) and builds "Ella's house" over and over. Ella is a Cinderella figure that goes with the blocks.
---she is also obsessed with cars and things that zoom and will never turn up the chance to roll a vehicle around the floor. She also points out airplanes every time she hears one.
---she calls hummus "bummus" and I love it. She also asks for sushi. So cute.
And a photo dump....
Swimming at Lolly's..you can see Annie in the ladybug
Sleepy baby
She needs an audience and some distractions to stay on the potty. Or we just put on cartoons.
New Elmo couch...so awesome her face did this weird thing
Lunch date at Moe's
She loves to wear our shoes, especially daddy's boots
Auburn swim suit. This was while Lolly and Pop were visiting.
Hiding in the baby bassinet with her baby dolls. I forgot to mention that she loves to hide Attitude
She went through a biting phase and got my check when I thought she was going in for a kiss. She also bit Derek's hand and made it bleed. Thankfully, that was short lived.
"Napping" with Lolly
Playing with maddy...her favorite person
I feel like I'm forgetting something, but what's new?




























From Nanny in Fairburn - Thank you Lindsay, Madeline is so precious, I love the picture with her hair pulled back and up, she looks so grown-up. Love you all, July 2, 2013
ReplyDelete