Its only taken me forever, but I’m finally getting around to posting Easter photos. It was such a fun holiday! Madeline is so aware of so much now and it makes everything a little bit more fun.
The day before Easter, our neighborhood threw a little Easter egg hunt and they had a pretty creepy bunny there as well. Madeline went to sent on his lap, rather reluctantly, but she didn’t cry! When she got down, we asked if she had fun, and she said, “no way…” right there in front of everyone. Thankfully they all laughed. They gave away a free fridge magnet with the picture of the kid with the bunny and Madeline obsessed over it for awhile. She talked about the Easter bunny a ton too.
Quite possibly my favorite photo of all time…
She really enjoyed the actual egg hunt too. I don’t think she got it until it was almost over and then she didn’t want to stop. We were putting her eggs back out for her to find again. Then she got her first taste of Easter candy and that was obviously a huge hit.
Easter morning she woke up and we tried to convince her to come and find the Easter basket that the bunny left her. She didn’t quite understand. When she found the overloaded basket and extra presents, she was pretty excited, but the excitement for opening quickly changed when she discovered more candy. Then we went out to pick up eggs before it started rain. Thankfully we got done right in time, though it did sprinkle on us, and Madeline was yelling “ella…ella..” (umbrella) and “wain..” She was semi excited about egg hunting this time, but she got really excited when she picked up an egg and realized there were things inside it. After that, she started to pick up the eggs and shake them and if they didn’t make a noise (either because they were real or because they had stickers instead of food) she put them back down. Then she went through all the eggs in her basket doing the same thing and opening the ones that made noise. Girl had SOOOOOO much candy and did not feel good the next day. I’m sure it was worth it though!
Everyone knows you have to lay down to open gifts..
First peep…
These pictures just cracked me up…I guess every girl needs 3 baskets and 2 assistants …
(I made the two yarn baskets, but we thought the plastic one might be better for the real eggs…didn’t end up mattering since she ignored them after she realized they had no candy, but it did hold more eggs and naturally she preferred the 2 dollar basket and not the one I spent forever making…haha)
I’d just like to take a second and publically acknowledge that her outfit is terrible. She was having too much fun and didn’t want to change, so the PJs stayed on, and the shoes were the only ones we could fit on top. I should have thought about it the night before and put her in cuter PJs at least. Oh well. I think it kind of makes the pictures even cuter…
From Fairburn - so many pictures, what fun to look at each one, just loved the pink dress and shoes. The Easter bunny was pretty frightening to me also ... I am impressed with the crocheted baskets, very good for you, Lindsay, I couldn't do that. Apparently Madeline does love carrying stuff around, as much as her little arms will hold. She is so precious. Love you all. Nanny
ReplyDelete