Wednesday, September 19, 2012

House tour/life in SC

 

Every single time I sit down to write this post, something interrupts me…the baby, the dog, the computer going haywire. I know its been a long time coming and I apologize to those who actually care!

Here are some photos of our new house. I love it (x a million) but I took these pictures in a hurry and I did not clean up before hand..don’t judge me. We also weren’t completely unpacked at the time. Heck, we still aren’t completely unpacked! We also had no say in the paint color. Every wall (except the master bedroom/bath) is yellow or green, or a combo of them, and they are all a different shade of the two colors. It is kind of bizarre and not our favorite, but you kind of get use to it.

IMG_1223

First off, this is just a screen shot of the area close to our house…there are just one or two churches here…haha

IMG_1378IMG_1379IMG_1380

master bath…had to show off the huge tub. This is probably the nicest bathroom I’ve ever had.

IMG_1381IMG_1384

master bedroom

IMG_1385

master closet – This is the first time we’ve had to share a closet since we’ve gotten married. It’s a learning process. Mostly, I’ve learned not to go in there unless I have to…haha

‘IMG_1387

A laundry room!!!!!

IMG_1391IMG_1390

Madeline’s room

IMG_1388

Quest room

IMG_1389

Quest bathroom

IMG_1392

IMG_1243

baby’s playroom/office

IMG_1394IMG_1395

living room/kitchen/”dining room”

So there you have it…home sweet home.

Life in SC is wonderful. We’ve only been here 2.5 months and it feels like we’ve been here for so much longer. I can drive almost anywhere without a GPS, I’ve got regular play dates with local mom’s, the house is mostly set up, and it just feels like home. If I could stay here forever I might. I’m already planning ways to get Derek stationed here again ASAP.

There are times when I miss NYC, especially since it’s been on every tv show/movie lately. Fall/winter in NY was my favorite time of the year and I feel a little sad that we won’t be jumping on the bus and heading to Shake Shack this fall or seeing all the Christmas lights on Fifth Avenue. But the truth is, we needed to leave and the whole family is happier here. Without going into too much detail, Derek and I were fighting a lot, like every day a lot, for the last year or so we were in NY. I think we’ve had 1 or 2 real fights since we’ve left. This move has done wonders for our marriage and our life in general, or at least my life. Poor Derek is busy, busy, busy. He leaves for school by 6 AM and usually doesn’t get home until at least 8 PM and he goes in almost every Sunday. He is putting in a lot of hours studying and his grades are getting better by the week. I’m really proud of all the effort he is putting in, even if we miss him around the house. Thankfully, I have a car and the freedom to go to a great library, a million different baby gym/bouncy house play places/children’s museum/splash park/playground…the places we can go are endless! Madeline and I get out of the house almost everyday and we are starting to go to playgroup meet ups, which has been great for both of us. Some days I do get tired and wish I had Derek home to help, especially around dinner time, but I know that things are only going to get harder and I’m lucky that he is home at all right now! He graduates in January, then he’ll be off to CT for sub school for 2 months, followed by prototype (hopefully here but potentially in NY), and then a duty station and an impending deployment. I don’t like to think about all the upcoming time apart. Being a single mom 14 hours a day is hard enough, I can’t imagine doing it 24/7!

All in all, life is busy but pretty awesome. Beach pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you guys are happy and living in a place you feel is home. That is so important. I would love it if you guys stayed there as well!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete