It's been a rough month and a half since moving and getting settled. Madeline was doing really well and starting to fall asleep on her own and sleeping 12 hours, then all hell broke loose. Suddenly she was having a hard time going to sleep, waking up every 3 hours at night, napping at weird intervals and not for long enough. We were exhausted. I don't know if it was a teething thing, but she did have a new tooth that broke through. She also started walking, which I hear can mess with sleep as well.
Whatever it was, I think it's over. I don't want to jinx myself but the past two weeks have slowly gotten better and we are back on a schedule. Unfortunately for me, it's a one nap a day schedule now. On the bright side, she is going to bed earlier and waking up earlier. She is usually up between 9 and 930, goes down for a nap between 1230 and 1, sleeps for 2 hours, and goes down for the night by 10 (if I'm on schedule with getting her down). She is still waking up once at night, usually around 5-530ish (though last night it was 330...gah) but she nurses and goes back to sleep.
I'm really hoping this schedule sticks around and we can all start getting more rest. I'm ready for the fog of exhaustion to lift.
And here are some random pictures to tie you over before a real blog post.



















No comments:
Post a Comment