Derek’s sister, Lyndsey, and nephew, Dylan, stayed with us for a few days after Derek’s graduation. We did some sightseeing since it was Dylan’s first time in NYC. They were the easiest guests we’ve ever had and we loved having them here! The baby was in love with them too (especially Dylan).
This didn’t make it into the graduation post, but this was Granny Lynn painting Madeline’s toes for the first time! I don’t know how she got the kid to sit still and let her do it.
Orange toes
After the commissioning
We ate Korean BBQ after his commissioning ceremony
Riding the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline
Brooklyn Bridge
Lady Liberty
Then we walked over to the World Trade Center Memorial
Officially the tallest building in NYC
After lunch in Chinatown, we headed to get ice cream, and shopped along the way. We stopped in Obscura, which is a bizarre store that is featured on the show “Oddities”. Odd and obscure are certainly appropriate when describing this antique store. We weren’t suppose to take pictures….oops!
The next day we went to the Top of the Rock!
I think this is the view where you can “see” our house
We ate downstairs,shopped some more, and headed to Times Square and visited the M and M shop, got some halal cart, and headed home.
You can’t tell but that is Derek and Madeline in front of the flag
Sucking my chin. I think she was hungry.
Their last day here wasn’t long enough to do much and I think they were both pretty citied out, so they accompanied me on some errands, got some Nathan hotdogs from a drive thru, and took them to the airport. Did I say that they were so much fun to have already? I hope they both visit us in Charleston as well!
Lindsay - What a lovely social little person is your Madeline. Thanks for the superb pictures of the city, something for Madeline to see where she was born. I absolutely love to be kept informed and to be part of your lives on the blog. Love, Nanny from Fairburn
ReplyDelete