Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weeks 28 and 29

I’ve been a little lackadaisical with this whole blogging thing, but there hasn’t been all that much to say. We’ve been buying baby stuff, stressing over money, trying to figure out what to do with the room full of boxes we’ve accumulated in the past year, and Derek’s been busy finishing up his semester at school.
The past two weeks have brought more trips to the bathroom than I thought possible. When I stand now I can feel the baby shift and she likes to tap dance on my bladder, so it feels like I have to go right away, but when I get there it was definitely not the emergency I thought it was. According to my appointment this week, she is measuring perfectly average, which means she should be around 2.5 pounds. I’m starting to feel her in and around my ribs. I still feel her alllll the way down at the bottom of my belly and I’m hoping this means she is long which will equal her being tall! She definitely likes to hang out on my left side, or at least that is where I feel all the big movements. Her movements are definitely stronger but I still can’t tell what body part is poking me yet.  Derek can feel her moving more and I swear I can see her move sometimes, but Derek thinks its my imagination. I had about two really good skin weeks and I’m back to break outs like crazy. I’m sick to my stomach a lot and the indigestion hasn’t gotten any better, but I think I’m just going to be stuck with it. The bright side of that is that I’ve only gained 2 lbs between appointments (3ish weeks) instead of the crazy massive amount of weight I gained the last 2 appointments. My hormones are raging and even I can’t stand myself half the time.
We are leaving tomorrow for Spring Break and our “babymoon” Its our last getaway as a family of two (or three really because the dog is coming). We’re heading to the Fingerlakes region and then up to Niagara Falls. It should be relaxed and low key, although apparently its going to be cold! I’m just looking forward to being off work and spending time with Derek. The closer it gets to this baby being here, the more needy I’ve been feeing. I’m like a whiny toddler who wants all of her mom’s attention, except its my husband I’m clinging to rather annoyingly. He has been so good about the mood swings and the neediness and what not though.
28 weeks
DSC_0209
DSC_0210
(gross …you can see my stretch marks in this one…ignore them please)
29 weeks
(mom this picture is for you…love the shirt!)
DSC_0372
DSC_0369

1 comment:

  1. April 20, 2011 From Nanny in Fairburn
    My very dear ones: So good to read the blog, Lindsay. Sorry about the indigestion, isn't there anything you can take ? Camomille tea with honey ? Good luck Derek on this semester, let us know how you are doing in school ? I know you'll both have a lovely vacation, one of the sights on my list in my second life is Niagara Falls, take it easy and have a lovely time. I mailed an Easter Card yesterday, hope you get it before you leave, I put a little money in it for the Easter basket. Many blessings, love you, Nanny

    ReplyDelete