We had the chance to go to the Bronx zoo last weekend. Because of my job, we got to go for free, and didn't take advantage of the special extra exhibits, but honestly we didn't even have time to do anything else. I slept in the morning because I was just dead tired and we didn't actually get to the zoo until probably around noon, so we had about 5 and a half hours to do everything.
Let me just tell you, this zoo in HUGE. It has a general walking trail that loops around the whole zoo and hits the highlights, but off that path is even more stuff. It'd take all day if you wanted to see everything. It was overwhelmingly hot and muggy that day and we obviously didn't have all day, so we basically stuck to the loop and only saw the stuff that we really wanted to see off the loop.
The first thing we did was go to the Madagascar exhibit. It was so so so hot in the building and we were both sweating like crazy when we left. It felt better outside! I loved the lemurs, hated the hissing cockroaches (which you will not see a picture of as I pretty much ran out of the room).
A blurry lemur ...the cute fuzzy ones...
Not as cute..
Freaky little fingers
My absolute favorite part was probably the sea lions. They were in this giant exposed pool right outside the Madagascar exhibit. You could pretty much get right up next to the water. They were swimming and honking and I loved them.
There was a baby! So adorable, but he was making the funniest little sounds, like a kitten in distress. The adults just ignored it and swam around on the other side of the pool.
He had a hard time getting back on the rocks
Favorite picture of the day
Next up it was the tigers. This was the start of a long disappointing string of inactive animals. There was a storm coming and it was hot, so I guess they just wanted to sleep.
Here was the only tiger out. She was not facing the glass, which had hand prints all over it, so the pictures aren't so great.
Deer! You can see how lazy the animals are here
The polar bear was also sleepy. Notice the tongue hanging out. I'm pretty sure he is a giant Ari.
I think this was another lemur...whatever it was its super cute
No comments:
Post a Comment