Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

In honor of Easter, I made Peep Sushi. I saw it somewhere online and I have to say, while cute in person, it was much cuter on the website.

You take rice krispies, fruit by the foot, and peeps.

DSC_1598

Cut the rice krispies into strips ...the smaller the better it turns out

DSC_1599

Then you have to cut the head of a poor peep (I'd recommend getting different color peeps...just yellow was really boring)

DSC_1601

Then you roll the rice krispie, put the peep head on top, and wrap in fruit by the foot "seaweed"

DSC_1603

All the pieces of my sushi set

DSC_1607

DSC_1611

 

And look what the Easter Bunny brought Derek!

DSC_1613

 

Tonight Derek is making leg of lamb, rosemary potatoes, and southern style string beans. It'll be my first experience with lamb but it seems to be what everyone around here eats for Easter. Derek is missing his traditional low country broil. We'll have to wait a few more months for that though.

3 comments:

  1. These are too cute, looks like something Aunt Dottie would like to make, fun, fun. Nanny
    Monday, April 5,2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday, April 5, 2010
    We ate leg of lamb for Easter in France. It is called: Gigot de mouton, I love the smell of it. The low country boil was super, the shrimps were so tender. Love, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the peep sushi! love, mom

    ReplyDelete