Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Chanukah!

So I'm about 5 days behind on this, but we missed day 1 because we were at the Pioneer Woman's book signing and walking around in 20 something degree weather with a windchill in the teens, trying to get the last of our Christmas gifts.

This picture is from Friday...it was so cold and I saw the first icicle of the season. Unfortunately, we haven't seen any real sticky snow, just slush type stuff. Snow is predicted and then doesn't happen, so I guess we won't see any before Christmas. I'm sure there will still be plenty after we get home.

DSC_0702

The Border's in Columbus Circle (where the book signing took place). It was so pretty and what a super nice area with tons of amazing shopping. Can't believe we haven't been there before.

 DSC_0711

We lit the candles for the first time on the second night. Here is Derek being ridiculous

DSC_0717

DSC_0722

I made my first homemade latkas on the third night. They were pretty yummy, but I swear the house STILL smells like latkas.

DSC_0723

DSC_0724

Our improvised Christmas tree

DSC_0725

The adorable ornament that Mom bought us while she was here. I pretty much love it. It was stroke of really good luck that the vendor had a random 2008 bride and groom when 2009 is almost over.

DSC_0726

Pretty candles from last night

DSC_0733

We're leaving for home in just a couple days! I'm super excited but I'm dreading packing and all that mess. I just started laundry and I guess I really need to start getting things together tomorrow. Blah. It'll be worth it to be home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment