Thursday, December 24, 2009

First Anniversary

Yesterday was our first wedding anniversary (and the day before that was our 8th dating anniversary). We went to Fogo de Chao for some yummy Brazilian steakhouse food. Since its the holidays and we're broke, we decided to go at lunch. It was the same as dinner and we ate so much, neither of us was hungry for the rest of the day. Totally worth the money. The traffic was ridiculous and it took us forever to get home. We did manage to drop of my engagement ring to get cleaned and re-dipped. I can't wait to get it back all shiny and new looking!

We were suppose to go bowling that night, but Derek hasn't been feeling well, so he took a really long nap and we hung around the house. I gave Derek his present (Thomas Keller's new cookbook, "Ad Hoc at Home") and my parents gave us an awesome crock pot (can't wait to use it for the first time!) and a cookbook to go with it. We did watch "500 Days of Summer" with my parents. It was cute but predictable and a little bit repetitive. And that was that. Nothing too eventful, but just being together made it special. I can't believe its been a whole year. When I hit one year since I moved to New York, I know I'm going to have a mini breakdown. Time is going by way too quickly.

Here is the top layer of our cake, pre bite

DSC_0754

About to eat year old cake

DSC_0760

Derek's reaction. The top layer was so gross, but the middle wasn't too bad.

DSC_0761

The aftermath

DSC_0766 

Poor sick Emma...she had a piece of grass stuck in her sinuses (we didn't know it) and was miserable for the past few days. Its out now and she seems to be doing a little better.

DSC_0763

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and we'll be going non stop until the 27th. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment