Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Backing it up to October

So I guess the best way to handle this whole back log of post and pictures, is to just start where I stopped, which is October. That was the month Derek left and the world wind of packing, cleaning, and planning began. Oh man, was it an interesting bittersweet month. I'm just going to add in some pictures of stuff we did so they aren't lost for posterities sake, but at this point it is hard to remember too much. I have to say I was so thankful to be somewhere so close to family. We wouldn't have made it through that month/move without their help! I cringe when I think of being in a similar situation out here alone. 

IMG 3297

Carrying Alice on her shoulders for a walk. It is funny to think back on how into Alice she was then and how she has totally moved on and is into only Anna and Elsa now. 

IMG 3295

Last time feeding the ducks. They bite her hand theygot so close. I kind of miss them. 

IMG 3295IMG 3296

Dead cicadas. Ew. I had to document since it was one of those crazy cicada years, but these are the only bugs we actually saw. Thank goodness. 

IMG 3302IMG 3304IMG 3305

Last trip to the aquarium and one of her first times with pigtails. She looks so little and her hair looks so short. She has grown so much in just a few months! 

IMG 3311

Camping out on my bedroom floor because she didn't want to sleep in her own room. She didn't sleep here either. 

IMG 3326

Last winter hat for a while

IMG 3340

Surprise from daddy...He is so sweet! This was a trip to Newnan. 

IMG 3344IMG 3345

Her inner Bronx coming out 

IMG 0903IMG 0902IMG 0906IMG 0909

Lolly and Pops took us to the Cabbage Patch Hospital and we got Larissa Lynn (which was the name of an actual doll there). She loved all the baby dolls, but she loved all the accessories more. 

IMG 3347

Hiding under the blanket in the car so she could watch DVD's

IMG 3348

Sleeping with Ari (and everything else she owns). I was getting pretty desperate to keep her in the crib by the end of the month 

IMG 3355

Aunt Corrine and cousin Jillian came to visit…madeline loved having them and the extra attention!

IMG 0930

Lolly and Pops came to help me do some last minute fixes (thank goodness!) and Madeline had fun tucking Teddy in.

IMG 3481IMG 3482

Last minute trip to the geneticist where she picked up some kind of cold from the yucky sneezing kid in the waiting room. But she also got eat a candy necklace for what must have been one of the first times. And by eat, I mean smear it everywhere. 

IMG 3484

Just a funny picture of her in the bathtub in her baby's tub

IMG 3551IMG 3545

Then Lolly came back and kept Madeline on the first packing day. She had her first official sleep over in Lolly's hotel and loved it. 

IMG 3581

Then Granny Lynn came on move out day and helped pressure wash and organize and clean. Couldn't have done it without her. 

IMG 3587

Waving goodbye to the first house she remembers, the place she learned to walk and talk, feed the ducks, kick a ball, draw with chalk. It was a great house and we were sad to leave. It will always hold the memories of a year full of changes and growth, for her and for us. 

IMG 3642

Loving visiting Aunt Jessie and her kitties. 

I'll give Halloween its own post, but it is the end of our October wrap up. Now that I look back on it, it is no wonder it was a whirl wind month. Look how much we did! It makes me sad to see pictures from our road trips back and forth and knowing we can't do that anymore.                                                                   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment