Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter is incredibly short...

it was painfully obvious in the 6th movie. I mean, everyone was taller than him, even Ginny. Poor Harry. Someone should put some of those elevating things on his shoes. Overall, the movie was pretty good. It was long and it was definitely made for people who have read the book, since details were a little fuzzy and they didn't explain a lot. Like, all the sudden Ginny is inexplicably on the Quidditch team, but no one talks about how that happened or when. It was entertaining though. Oh, minus the girl in front of us who was playing her Nintendo DS the whole movie. All the sudden it is appropriate to let kids play video games while out to eat and at movies. Who knew.

Derek started school this week. They're doing construction on the campus and it caused a major class schedule change, so now instead of just going to class in the morning, he has to go to PT in the morning and class in the afternoon. I spend more time alone, which is depressing. He is going in tomorrow to do some ROTC talk thing with perspective students, which means even more alone time :( I guess I'm just going to have to get use to it because he'll be gone all day in the fall. Of course, by then, I'm suppose to have a job. Still, I wish summer break never had to end.

 

Oh - last week the bridge that ends right by our apartment complex, the Throgs Neck Bridge, caught on fire. It was apparently a 3 alarm fire and it was caused by a blow torch from a construction worker. It was pretty funny because Derek took the dog out at around 8 AM and came in and was like "there is no traffic on the bridge this early." They still aren't letting trucks on the bridge at all and only 2 Bronx bound lanes are open, but all Queen bound lanes are open. NO ONE is on the bridge, which is kind of nice, but then there usually isn't too much traffic on that bridge anyway. It has really congested the other bridge that goes from the Bronx to Queens.

Link to a news story with video - http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/2009/07/10/Fire-shuts-down-Throgs-Neck/1247229826.htmland

No comments:

Post a Comment